Provo Bicycle Collective announces Youth Summer Camps
Because of the popularity of PBC’s Earn-a-Bike program, they’ve decided to launch a new camp for youth ages 6-18.
“Provo Bicycle Collective is excited to announce a summer full of programs designed to help youth learn problem-solving, safe riding, and bicycle mechanic skills!
Bike School is a week-long day camp designed to teach youth safe bike riding and basic bike mechanics through hands-on experience. They experience everything from fixing a flat, to learning how to ride safely to school, to riding their bike on the Bonneville Shoreline mountain bike trail.
• Fix common mechanical issues, fixing a flat tire, adjusting brakes & gears
• Properly use hand brakes and shifters (for older riders)
• Ride courteously on paved trails
• Ride safely and confidently in the road, including using signals and lights
• Securely lock bicycle
• Ride confidently on beginner mountain bike trails
Learn more or register for either program here!”