Friends, thanks for riding your bike and participating in the Provo Bicycle Week events. This week has been a busy one. Together we:
– rode on 6 incredible group bike rides
– watched 1 bike-in (inside due to rain) movie, complete with high-speed car / bike chase
– checked out each other’s rides during 1 Bike-to-Work Day with Mayor Curtis and UTA
– passed out 256 Provo Ride Guides to interested cyclists
– tuned-up 50+ bikes for local riders absolutely free (thanks, Zac!)
– received well over 1,000 individual visits to our website
– enjoyed dozens of free goodies and discounts from local businesses (like Jamba Juice, Einstein’s Bagels, and Station 22)
– Met about 100 new friends that signed up to be in the loop with emails from the Provo Bicycle Committee (email firstname.lastname@example.org if you still need to be added to the list).
Today’s pictures are from the first Provelo Ride to Utah Lake from Provo Canyon. To end Bike Week in style, we spent a gorgeous (finally rain-free) afternoon riding leisurely through the Provo River Trail, enjoying a picnic on the marina, and getting to know new friends.
The bad news is that Bike Week is over. The good news is that Bike Week was only the start to a summer full of cycling events for you and your friends / family. Keep checking the blog (and the Facebook page) for updates about bike picnics, rides, and more!
This is some of the most fun I have had on or with bicycles in a long time. A big thanks to all the organizers and ride leaders for all their hard work. This is going to be a great summer for bicycles in Provo.
soo bummed I missed out on all the fun! Looking forward to all the fun activities for the summer