You're Invited: Provelo Bike Picnic
Don’t miss the most exciting series of the summer – Provelo! Provelo bike picnics, put on by the Provo Bicycle Committee, are a chance for everyone to get together and enjoy a good time with some truly outstanding company.
What: Provelo Bike Picnic. Pack your dinner and pedal on down to the park.
When: Saturday, July 31, 2010. 6:00 p.m.
Where: Paul Reams Wilderness Park (1600 W. 500 N.)
During our July event, you’ll be treated to:
– Booths from local bike shops offering helpful cycling information
– A delicious, old-fashioned watermelon eating contest
– Bike jousting (yup, it’s pretty much like it sounds)
– Lawn sports of all kinds (croquet anyone?)
– A bike obstacle course
– Bike crafts for the kids
– Pedal-powered smoothies benefiting the Bicycle Committee (yes, ice can be crushed with a bike).
– The opportunity to make some lasting friendships with like-minded cyclists.
Take a look at the recap of the June Provelo to see how much fun these picnics are. This is a community event for everyone, whether you’re a racer, a town rider, a student, a family, or a group of miniature elephants that ride around on a tandem. Please come! (Also, take a look at the Provelo Facebook Event page).