- “Destroys Transportation Enhancements by making the program optional
- Repeals the Safe Routes to School program, reversing years of progress in creating safe ways for kids to walk and ride bicycles to school
- Allows states to build bridges without safe access for pedestrians and bicycles
- Eliminates bicycle and pedestrian coordinators in state DOTs
- Eliminates language that insures that rumble strips â€œdo not adversely affect the safety or mobility of bicyclists, pedestrians or the disabledâ€
Yikes! After so much progress has been made, this bill is extremely troublesome and would do a great disservice to those of us working to make our cities a better place for pedestrians and bicyclists.
You can learn more and make a difference by reading the information and contacting your representative automatically via the League of American Cyclists website. Please tell your friends and don’t delay – let your elected officials know how much you value safe streets.